Mobile Check Deposit
Mobile Check Deposit is a service that is offered through your existing Home Federal Bank of TN mobile application that is available for both iPhone and Android. This service allows customers to deposit checks at any time, from anywhere by taking pictures of the front and back with your phone.
Is there a fee for using Mobile Check Deposit?
There is no fee associated with Mobile Check Deposit.
How do I make a Mobile Check Deposit?
Making Mobile Check Deposits is easy!
- Login to the Home Federal Bank of TN application on your phone
- Tap "Deposit" from the home screen
- Read the instructions on how to take a picture of your check and tap "Continue"
- Read the welcome message with details such as endorsement instructions and cutoff information and tap “Continue”
- Tap “Front” to take a picture of the front of your check. Please note: If this is your first deposit, you may be prompted to give the app permission to use your camera.
- Your camera will open with positioning instructions for the check. Tap the white circle to take a picture and the green check mark to confirm.
- Repeat this process for the back of the check
- Select the checking or savings account you want the check to be deposited to
- Input the dollar amount of the deposit and verify your email address
- Tap "Continue" and confirm the deposit
- You'll receive notifications of the status of your deposit by email
That's all there is to it!
How will I know that deposits are received and processed?
A Mobile Check Deposit is considered received once the confirmation screen pops up on the app after the deposit is submitted. An email notification will also be sent to you confirming the deposit was successfully submitted. However, such notification does not mean that the submission was without error or completed. A second email notification will be sent to you once the deposit has been reviewed and approved. Once approved, it will be credited at the end of the business day1. You can review the status of your deposit and deposit history within the app by going to "More" and "Check Deposits".
When will my funds be available?
Checks deposited via the Mobile Check Deposit Service by 3:00 pm EST on a business day1 will be considered deposited on that business day. Checks deposited after 3:00 pm on a business day will be considered deposited on the next business day. All deposits are automatically subject to a 2 business day hold.
What kind of checks can I deposit?
All checks submitted for Mobile Check Deposit must be payable in US Currency, be written in legible English (with the exception of personal information), and must be drawn on a financial institution located in the United States.
The following types of checks are ineligible for deposit
through Mobile Check Deposit:
- Money Orders
- Travelers Checks
- Treasury Checks
- Savings Bonds
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than you
- Checks payable to you and another party who is not a joint owner on the account
- Checks containing obvious alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn
- Checks dated more than 6 months prior to deposit
- Checks that are remotely created checks, as defined in Federal Reserve Regulation CC
- Check previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Federal Reserve Regulation CC
- Checks that have been previously deposited at other financial institutions or this financial institution
- Checks that are improperly endorsed
What should I do with my checks after they have been deposited with Mobile Check Deposit?
Once you have received your email confirmation that you have successfully deposited your check via Mobile Check Deposit, you should store your check in a secure location for 60 days. After 60 days and after you have verified the deposit was applied to your account correctly, you may destroy (i.e. shred) the check.
Does Mobile Check Deposit have any limits?
Mobile Check Deposit does have daily, weekly, and monthly dollar limits. The weekly and monthly limits are rolling 7 and 30 business day periods, respectively. The limits are as follows:
- Daily limit - $2,500
- Weekly limit - $5,000
- Monthly limit - $7,500
Mobile Check Deposit does not have a set limit on the number of checks a customer can deposit, but only one check can be deposited per transaction.
Tips on using Mobile Check Deposit:
- Verify that the check is endorsed with all required signatures and labeled properly with "For Mobile Deposit Only Home Federal Bank"
- Verify the check amount entered matches the amount written on the check
- Flatten and smooth any folded or crumpled checks prior to capturing the photo
- Place the check on a flat solid dark surface when capturing the photo
- Capture the photo in an area with good lighting
1A business day is every Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Reserve holidays.
*Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.